2050 South McKinley Ave.
Mason City, IA 50401
Fax: (641) 422-1181
The Mission of Newman Childcare & Preschool:
Newman Childcare & Preschool will provide peace of mind to parents through offering quality childcare and by enhancing the life experiences of children.
The philosophy of Newman Childcare & Preschool is based on a set of strongly held beliefs:
- We believe that each child is a unique individual.
- We believe in providing a physical environment that is safe, clean, healthy, and oriented to children.
- We believe that the success of the program is driven by the dedication of our staff.
- We believe in positive methods of discipline.
- We believe parents are the most significant adults in a child's life.
At Newman Childcare...
Infant Care (6 weeks - 2 years)
Toddlers (2 years - Kindergarten)
Before and After School Program
Summer Program (1st grade - 12 years)
3 year old program
Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:30am to 11:00am. Children must be 3 years old by September 15.
4 to 5 year old program
Three days a week from 8:30am to to 11:00am or 12:30pm to 3:00pm. Children must be 4 years old by September 15.
This 5.5 hour (8:30 - 2:00) program meets daily Monday through Friday. Children in this program must be 5 before January 1. This program has been developed to meet the needs of the young 5 year old who needs a quality structured program before entering kindergarten.
The program will be kept flexible to accommodate each child's individual learning style and ability in order for the child to have an opportunity to progress according to his or her capacity.
Newman Childcare & Preschool has provided a quality and nurturing environment for North Iowa families since 1986. Over 3,500 estimated children with working parents have benefited from this care. We now have the opportunity to ensure that same excellent quality of education can continue for years to come in a new and child-friendly facility.
Community support is essential to the success of this building campaign. Working together as parents, friends, and supporters of quality childcare will offer our youth a Christian-centered education experience. A new facility will sustain this vital element for the entire North Iowa community.
Benefits to the North Iowa Community
- Maintain established community partnerships
- Increase awareness of the value of quality childcare
- Provide quality childcare to employees of North Iowa Businesses
- Promote the center and its programming as a community resource to businesses locating to North Iowa
- Facility and programs are accessible for physically-challenged children
- 159 families
- 80 Catholic families
- 79 Non-Catholic families
- 279 working parents
- 202 total children served
- Childcare children
- 16 Infants (6-weeks to 11-months)
- 25 Infants (12-months to 2-years)
- 31 Two-year olds
- 23 Three-year olds
- 51 Four-year olds
- 39 Before & After School Program children
- Preschool Children
- 30 Three-year olds
- 58 Four-year olds
- 24 Pre-Kindergarten
Who We Are
- 40 full-time employees
- 200 years of service to Newman Childcare & Preschool
- Average of 10 in-service hours per year.
- CPR and First Aid.
- Virtus (sexual abuse awareness training)
- Mandatory Reporting Training.
- Child Development.
- Infant Development.
- Early Literacy.
- Health and Safety.
- Guidance and Discipline.